Parks Associates’ Connected Health Summit highlights opportunities for healthcare and smart home providers to bring solutions and new experiences to consumers
DALLAS, June 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Parks Associates hosted the Connected Health Summit session "Smart Home and Health: Modern Living" on Thursday, June 16, to discuss new solutions and services from health and smart home providers. The ninth annual Connected Health Summit, sponsored by ADT Medical Alert, Alarm.com, EarlySense, Johnson Controls, Rapid Response Monitoring, and Independa, addresses the role of technology in improving indoor air quality and the value of platforms and service-based technologies enabling predictive and proactive monitoring to support independent living.
"Indoor air quality (IAQ) specifically impacts consumer health, with 47% of US internet households reporting an IAQ-sensitive health condition. The pandemic highlighted health risks in air quality for many consumers, increasing interest in smart products that can measure and deliver a healthy, clean environment," said Elizabeth Parks, President and CMO, Parks Associates. "We’ve also seen family caregivers increasingly turn towards technology, especially monitoring services, in providing care for their loved one. Compared to 2020, family caregivers are several times more likely to report taking a tested action to care for their loved one, including purchasing solutions to monitor health or buying a communications tool such as a smart display."
"Smart Home and Health: Modern Living" featured interactive panel sessions, along with keynote presentations from Carina Edwards, CEO, Quil, and Gene Wang, Chairman and Chief Scientist, People Power. The panels "Air Quality in the Home" and "Smart Home Platforms: Caretaker and Senior Services" featured the following industry leaders:
- Matthew Adcock, Sr. Sales Manager – Builder & Strategic Accounts, Resideo
- Michael Don Ham, Co-Founder & President, Pure365
- Andy Droney, Senior Director, Health and Innovation Programs, ADT
- Assaf Gad, VP Strategy, Intuition Robotics
- Ryan Herd, CEO and Founder, Caregiver Smart Solutions
- Isaac Mulvihill, SVP of Product, Delos
- Lisa Reihl, Director, Brand Strategy, Aprilaire
- Karthiga Vezhavendan, Senior Product Manager, ecobee
Parks Associates will host additional virtual Connected Health Summit sessions throughout the year:
- August 30: New Opportunities in Connected Health Services: Monitoring and Home Care
- August 31: Successful Strategies for Engaging Consumers
- October 6: Seniors and Caretakers: Living Independently
For additional connected health research, download the whitepaper Health at Home: New Era of Healthcare, from Parks Associates, produced in partnership with EarlySense®.
To join the conversation, visit www.connectedhealthsummit.com. To request data or an interview, contact Rosey Sera,
SOURCE Parks Associates